A Small School with Big Expectations indeed!
I am honored to be the Principal of such a great school. Our teachers, support staff and cadre of parent volunteers work hard each and everyday to ensure that a quality education is provided for every student that walks through our doors. Our goals are to ensure that all students reach proficiency in literacy, numeracy and 21st century skills each year in order to be prepared for our highly competitive world. We believe that first best instruction, coupled with student engagement and parent partnerships propel our school to these ends.
As I observe classrooms I am amazed at the positive culture and climate that has been developed and maintained. Our staff puts forth tremendous energy and demonstrates incredible dedication to create positive relationships with each student. This is a testament to our amazing school community. The ancient African proverb of “It takes a village to raise a child” certainly holds true. As such, we ask that you continue to guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to join and/or help us with the following activities:
1) Parent Teacher Association
2) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
3) Reading with children who need extra help
4) Student recognition events
5) Lunch time supervision and/or recreation
6) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
Thank you for your support!